Skip to content
Thank you for supporting our nonprofit charitable organization. Any profits are invested in our programs and services to support Deaf and hard of hearing communities in Alberta.
Thank you for supporting our nonprofit charitable organization and Deaf and hard of hearing Albertans.
Funding Resource Options

Funding Options

There are several funding options for Albertans and Canadians to assist you with funding for assistive devices for the Deaf and hard of hearing. 

  • In some instances, you can purchase the items and then be reimbursed by the funder/agency by submitting the receipt to them. Please check before you make your purchase.
  • Other funders require an application form to submit for approval. 
  • Additionally, your employer will cover the cost to accommodate you in the workplace under the Canadian Human Rights Act. 
You might have private insurance, like Sun Life, Manulife, Desjardins, Greenshield, etc. Contact your insurance company to check if they cover hearing aids, FM systems, amplified telephones or home safety signalling items for the Deaf and hard of hearing. 


Additional Funding Options: 

Alberta Aids for Daily Living

The Alberta government assists people in Alberta with reducing the expense of hearing aids and FM systems through a program called Alberta Aids for Daily Living.

Home Safety Equipment Funding,

Deaf & Hear Alberta, in partnership with The Campbell McLaurin Foundation, works together to provide funding for low-income Deaf and hard of hearing individuals, couples and families to be safe in their homes with safety and alerting devices. This funding is designated for those people living in Southern Alberta (from Red Deer, border to border east and west and southward to the USA border).

Campbell McLaurin Foundation

The Campbell McLaurin Foundation is here to support people in Southern Alberta (from Red Deer, border to border east and west and southward to the USA border) with funding. You can get help paying for hearing aids at the hearing aid clinic.  Devices that make sounds louder on the Television, phone, and talking in person are also covered. To find out more or apply, click the link above.

Children’s Ability Fund 

The Children’s Ability Fund has been helping kids with disabilities in Northern Alberta for a long time. They give money to make these kids more independent. To learn more, click the link above.

Elks and Royal Purple Fund for Children

The Elks & Royal Purple Fund for Children gives money to help Canadian kids under 19 who have trouble hearing or speaking with their medical needs.

Hearing Aid Assistance Fund

This fund tries to help hard of hearing people who don’t have much money. They give money to help buy new hearing aids or fix old ones. Canadian Hard of Hearing Association (CHHA) Edmonton administers this fund for those who live in Central and Northern Alberta.

H.I.K.E. Fund

The H.I.K.E. (Hearing Impaired Kids Equipment) fund is a Canadian charity that started in 1991. They give money to help hard-of-hearing kids get hearing aids and other equipment. This fund is for kids from birth up to twenty years old. To learn more or apply, click the link above.

Registered Disability Savings Plan

The Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP) is a savings plan for Canadians with disabilities and their families. It’s meant for saving money for the future. If you have an RDSP, you might also get extra money from grants and bonds to help with your savings. To learn more about RDSPs, click the link above.

Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped (AISH) program gives money and help with health to adults who qualify and have a disability. The disability has to last a long time and be a hardship for the person to work and make money. Must live in Alberta to qualify. 

Good Neighbour Fund

The Good Neighbour Fund is for people who can't find help from other places. It gives some money or support to people in Central and Northern Alberta.

Disability Related Employment Support (DRES)

DRES funding can pay for things that help people in Alberta who have a disability do better in school or work.

To get this funding, you need to:

  • Have a permanent or long-lasting disability that makes it hard for you to learn, train, or work.
  • Live in Alberta.
  • Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or a refugee under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
  • Be allowed to work or train in Canada.
  • Plan to work.
  • Be found eligible for DRES through an Employability Assessment and have a Service Plan.

Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) – Audio (Hearing) Services POC 3

VAC provides financial support to eligible Canadian Veterans who get health care benefits and services. 

If a Veteran has already paid for items they can also send the receipts to have their money reimbursed. The address to send the invoice to is:

National Reimbursement Centre, PO Box 6700 Moncton, NB E1C 0T8

Workers’ Compensation Board – Alberta

If you think your hearing loss might be because of loud workplace noise exposure or a work accident, you can ask for WCB benefits.

Wait for WCB to say if they’ll give you benefits for hearing aids, FM systems, amplified telephones, or home safety devices. You will need a quote for the items and submit it to WCB for approval.

First Nations and Inuit Health

If you’re a Canadian First Nations or Inuit, there is a program by the First Nations and Inuit Health Branch to help with health costs not covered by insurance. Hearing aids are one of the things they cover if you need them.

To know more about who can get help, what’s not covered, and how to apply for hearing-related things, go to the benefits and criteria page at First Nations and Inuit Health.

Also, see Jordan’s Principle.


Please contact our office at 866-471-2805 Ext.3

This collection is empty

View all products