Ultratec Uniphone 1140TTY VCO & HCO
The Uniphone is an exciting concept in TTYs, combining a telephone, TTY, and amplified phone - all in one! Now, people who are deaf, hard of hearing, hearing, or cannot speak can all share one landline analog phone.
A relay operator is connected to your call at all times in order to type what the caller is saying or speak for you. In Canada, the Relay Operatore service is provided FREE of charge by phone service providers such as Telus, Shaw, Bell, etc. You will only have to pay for long-distance charges, and they are usually at a reduced rate. Please contact your own phone service provider for more Relay Operator information.
What is Hearing Carry Over (HCO)?
If you can hear but must use a TTY to type what you need to say, you may request Hearing Carry Over. Hearing Carry Over allows you to hear what the other party is saying while a Relay service operator speaks for you by reading what you type to the other person.
What is Voice Carry Over (VCO)?
If you can speak clearly but must use a TTY to see what the other person is saying, you may request Voice Carry Over (VCO). VCO lets you speak for yourself, while a Relay service operator types what the person says to you.
A full-featured TTY, the Uniphone includes a bright display and a comfortable keyboard, and an amplified handset if you use it to type back and forth on a call.
- Volume control for the telephone handset, if using (20 dB gain)
- Special convenience keys: Dial & Volume control Direct connect Keyboard dialing, follow-on dialing Call progress (says "ringing" or "busy")
- Turbo Code® and Auto ID™
- 2-line, 2 x 24-character LCD display
- 10-speed dial keys
- Special emergency, menu, and arrow keys
- Auto-Answer with the programmable message with 8k memory
- Built-in ring flasher
- Printer port to connect an external printer
- 1-year warranty
Special Order item. Please allow 1-4 weeks delivery.