Lifetone Vibrating Fire Alarm and Clock HLAC151
To help keep you and your loved ones safe be sure you have working smoke alarms on every level of your home. House fires can strike in an instant, with the most deadly occurring in the middle of the night. Smoke detectors can save lives, but they rely on your ability to hear the alarm to alert you of danger.
A Lifetone Bedside Fire Alarm and Clock in your home provides you with protection and alerting in the event of a fire. The Lifetone alarm unit has an audio alarm, flashing screen, and vibration alerting through a bed shaker to notify Deaf and hearing individuals.
Lifetone is not a smoke detector. This product works with your existing smoke alarms that emit a T3 alarm pattern (three beeps followed by a pause).
This exceptional alarm clock/fire alarm is recommended for awakening and alerting children, seniors, Deaf and hard of hearing, and others at risk.
Fire departments recommend that you replace your smoke alarms if they are more than 10 years old and test them monthly by pressing the test button. Replace batteries regularly if the smoke detector is not hard-wired.
How does Lifetone work?
Lifetone HL uses patented monitoring technology that actively listens for the sound of your smoke alarm, and ignores all other sounds at the same frequency, about 3100Hz. When it detects your smoke alarm, it immediately initiates three different signals in addition to sound to wake you up:
- Special low pitched, 520Hz square-wave T3 alarm sound proven in controlled scientific testing as the most effective at waking people in a fire emergency. The Lifetone HL has an 85dB alarm signal - that's like having someone start a lawnmower next to your bed. The Lifetone HL has a baritone voice that says "Fire! Get out!" in English or Spanish.
- The Lifetone HL has a visual signal on the backlit display that flashes the word "FIRE." In a darkened room, the flashing display is another form of sensory stimulation to interrupt sleep.
- The Lifetone HL comes with a small bed shaker that will vibrate strongly when the alarm is triggered. Connect it to the alarm for vibration alerts.
- Alerts with 4 different signals: loud, low pitched 520Hz T3 sound; vibrating bed shaker; talking baritone voice saying "Fire! Get Out!"; and FIRE in the large text against a flashing orange backlight
- Uses the alarms proven in research sponsored by the US Fire Administration as most effective for waking people
- Works in conjunction with existing UL-listed T3 smoke alarms (alarms with the sound pattern "beep-beep-beep-pause" then "beep-beep-beep-pause" then "beep-beep-beep") with ionization or photoelectric technology
- No installation or wiring is required - just plug it in
- Battery backup lasts 7 days or more while still providing emergency alarm signals (batteries included)
- Large 1.2" easy-to-read display with orange background and user-selectable brightness
- Alerts you if there is a power outage or low batteries, even if the bed shaker is disconnected
- Can be used as a daily alarm clock (the wake-up alarm is at a lower, non-emergency volume)
- Includes a 6V bed shaker(6 ft cord) for optional additional notification
- Dimensions: 8 1/2" L x 5" W x 4" H
- Listed by UL to UL 217, ULC S531, and UL 1971
- Compliance: NFPA 72(2013), RoHS, California Proposition 65
- 2 Year Warranty